abstract road

Couple Spends Honeymoon in Jail After Leaving Kids Home Alone

Couple Spends Honeymoon in Jail After Leaving Kids Home Alone

Posted By Parks & Braxton || 11-Sep-2012

A couple who recently married was supposed to be on their honeymoon when they were arrested for child neglect. According to WPBF News, the couple left their three children home alone and planned to let them fend for themselves while they went to a court house to officiate their marriage. The children are ages 1, 2, and 3, and are the couple’s biological offspring. Kymberely Frederick, 30, and Daniel Richards, 34, were arrested Tuesday and both face felony child-neglect charges for their crime. They allegedly left the children at home at about 2:30 p.m. in a car that they borrowed from a neighbor.

They told the police that they called the neighbor after leaving with the car, asking her to check in on the young children inside. The neighbor called the police when she realized that the couple had left the kids all alone. Two children were in cribs and another was in a bed. Richards is still in jail, though Frederick has bonded out. If you have left your children in a dangerous situation, then chances are that you may face child neglect charges too. In addition to being placed in jail for your crime, there is a chance that your children may be taken from you by Child Protective Services.

Men and women who are arrested for child neglect are normally considered unfit parents, and may lose custody of the children that they love because of one simple mistake. If you are in this situation, then you need to talk to a Fort Lauderdale criminal defense lawyer right away. It is essential that you have representation in your case, if you want to avoid lengthy amounts of jail time and every have a chance of obtaining custody of your children again. Talk to a lawyer at Parks & Braxton right now to start discussing your case.

Obtain Immediate Legal Help

To save your license, you must act within 10 days. Contact a partner about your case at (954) 519-2290 or fill out the form here.

Get in Touch Now