abstract road

Sex With a Minor

Sex With a Minor Charges in Fort Lauderdale

Defining Sex with a Minor Charges

The state of Florida has ruled that it is illegal to have any type of sexual activity with an individual under the age of 16. The state considers persons who are under 16 of age to be legally incapable of consenting to sexual activity of any kind, even if both parties consent to the sexual conduct. If you have been accused of having sex with a minor, you will face statutory rape charges and tough penalties under the law.

If you or a loved one has been charged with sex with a minor, call a Fort Lauderdale criminal defense attorney at once. If you are convicted of statutory rape, you will face a prison sentence ranging between seven and fifteen years in addition to a forced sex offender registration.

Strong Defense from a Fort Lauderdale Sex Crime Attorney

The successful legal team at Parks & Braxton, PA has over 50 years of experience in criminal law. Our criminal defense firm is fully committed to defending the rights of the accused, and we never give up on a challenging case. With our help, you may be able to challenge your charges with several different arguments. First, we may be able to help you prove that you did not know the participant was under 16 years of age because the victim was lying and deceptive about their actual age.

A talented defense lawyer at our firm can provide you with the high-quality legal support needed to challenge sex with a minor charges that involve aggravating circumstances. These specific circumstances, such as the use of physical force or coercion, or repeated sexual activity, may bring about a greater prison term. Our criminal defense team brings unique insight and proactive defense strategies to every case that we take on, so call us today about your charges.

Contact a Fort Lauderdale sex crime lawyer who will fight tirelessly for your case and your rights!

Obtain Immediate Legal Help

To save your license, you must act within 10 days. Contact a partner about your case at (954) 519-2290 or fill out the form here.

Get in Touch Now