abstract road

Drunk Driver Insists that Father is an Autobot

Drunk Driver Insists That Father Is an Autobot

Posted By Parks & Braxton, PA || 4-Oct-2012

Autobots are the robots that are normally linked with the Transformers movies. The Autobots are pure fiction- but Michael Rexford failed to recognize that when he was pulled over for a DUI in August. The young man was driving in Palm City, Florida, when police noticed that he blew a stop sign. Naturally, they pulled him over to ticket him for failing to observe the traffic signal. When Rexford rolled down his window, the police noticed that he was shirtless, and wearing only gym shorts. His eyes were glassy and he had difficulty forming coherent sentences without slurring his speech. The authorities detected the slight smell of alcohol on his breath.

When a deputy shined a flashlight into the car, the drunk individual did not respond. The deputy explained that Rexford had run a stop sign, and then informed him that he was also driving on a flat tire. Rexford replied that he felt the car get "woogity" and he just wanted to get home. According to the Miami New Times, the only time that the word "woogity" is used is in the discontinued T.V. cartoon Rocket Power which used to air on Nickelodeon.

When Rexford was asked to produce his license, he confessed that it had "expended." He then told the deputy that his father happened to be an Autobot, like the ones from the transformers movies, and could fix his car. Rexford was charged with an underage DUI, because he was only 19 at the time of his arrest. A driver who is under the age of 19 is not permitted to drive with any alcohol in his or her system, regardless of the amount. If you have been charged with an underage DUI, then you will want someone there to help you. Contact a Fort Lauderdale criminal defense attorney at the Parks & Braxton law firm today to get representation in your case!

Categories: DUI, In the News

Obtain Immediate Legal Help

To save your license, you must act within 10 days. Contact a partner about your case at (954) 519-2290 or fill out the form here.

Get in Touch Now